Maritime and insurance law
For years, the firm has been recognised as a national leader in maritime and insurance law and, for the excellent quality of consultancy and legal assistance services, also juridical, provided to companies and for the importance of the mandates received, several times it has been named winner of the Best Legal Firm, Shipping Sector in the LE FONTI AWARDS, a famous event that awards professional excellence in the legal services market, and which is also sponsored by the European Commission.
The firm’s lawyers boast a high level of specialisation as well as great experience spanning thirty years, which guarantees the client a top quality, integrated and transverse service of advice and legal assistance.
The firm’s mandates include:
- advice and assistance in operations of construction, sales, renting and hiring of ships;
- advice and assistance for the most advantageous choice of flag and for the procedures for registering the ship in the flag country’s registers;
- advice and assistance in the procedures for changing the flag;
- advice and assistance in competition procedures for the assignment of maritime passenger transport services from, through and to the islands;
- advice and assistance in the procedures for obtaining regional authorisation for the provision of scheduled maritime transport services;
- advice and assistance for obtaining authorisations and licences for carrying out non-scheduled public transport services of people via sea (taxi service; hire service with driver);
- advice and assistance regarding incidents and accidents at sea (collisions between ships; collision of ship with dock; fires; groundings).
The firm’s clientele is made up of shipbuilding yards, shipowners, banks, shipping companies, trade associations, shippers, shipping agents, maritime personnel (seafarers; port service personnel; technical personnel for ship building), contractors of scheduled public transport service, companies that carry out non-scheduled passenger transport, insurance companies and public authorities.
Areas of activity
- Maritime and insurance law
- EU funding, infrastructures and logistics
- Law of inland navigation and for tidal waters
- Ship finance
- Commercial port law
- Marina law
- Yachting law (Yachts & Superyachts)
- Railway law
- Highway law
- Air transport
- Offshore oil & gas operations
- European union law
- Competition, antitrust and state aid
- Drafting of legislation and parliamentary law
- Tax, fiscal and customs law
- Administrative law
“Professionalism and a great deal of expertise in a personalised relationship based on trust and striving to get a result together.”
“The Associazione Italiana Armatori Trasporto Passaggeri [Italian Association of Owners of Passenger Transport Vessels] bears witness to the professionalism and competence of Studio Grimaldi. It is purely due to the high level of competence, authority and strategic vision of Massimiliano Grimaldi that the Association has managed to be hugely successful and gain recognition in the maritime field over the last few years.”
Associazione Italiana Armatori Trasporto Passeggeri
“We would like to point out the significant satisfaction of Ucina Confindustria Nautica with the advice and legal assistance received from the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi in the Yachting sector.
The lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi assisted Ucina in negotiating very important legal and economic matters for the industry, first and foremost the reform of the yachting code, not only supplying top-level legal preparation, but also supporting Ucina in selecting the best strategies.”
Ucina Confindustria Nautica
“Thanks to the great competence and forward thinking of the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi, we were able to continue conducting our business, overcoming a particularly difficult time.”
Yacht Broker srl
Manager of tourist ports
“With the forward thinking and professionalism of lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi, we found in Studio Grimaldi great assistance and support in negotiations and selection of sustainable solutions regarding the complex issue of state property concessions of the companies of Saint Mark Square in Venice, coming to the elaboration and promotion of rules for amendment of the national legislation to protect the companies and obtain results. Thank you.”
Veneziana Retail srl and Committee of Ancient Crafts of Venice
“We would like to point out the Genoese company Grimaldi Studio Legale in relation to the expert advice and legal assistance provided to Actv Spa regarding navigation safety and professional certification of on-board personnel.
In particular, lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi assisted our company in the introduction, in the legislation of a special law that will allow a simplified framework regarding navigation in local public transport service in the protected waters of the lagoon of Venice to be received by the institution.
The above-mentioned collaboration fully satisfied our expectations, at the same time allowing us to appreciate the professionalism, competence and helpfulness of the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi.”
ACTV Venezia Spa
Contact us about your case