The firm provides highly qualified legal advice and assistance in the field of commercial and touristic air transport, also making use of the wealth of scientific skills and the extensive experience of the most experienced university professors recognised nationally and internationally.
The firm excels, in particular, in the legal advice and assistance on the following matters:
- contracts for the construction, sale and use (dry lease; wet lease) of aircrafts
- admission of aircrafts to navigation
- obtaining of Air Operator Certificate (AOC)
- obtaining, suspension and withdraw of the operating licenses for the air transport of passengers, mail and/or cargo
- legal matters related to aircrafts maintenance and maintenance of airworthiness
- cancellation of aircrafts from the aeronautical register
- demolition and dismantling of the aircraft
- allocation of slots to air carriers in the Community airports, complaints and appeals
- cooperation agreements between airline companies
- awarding of concessions for civil aviation property
- awarding of airport management concessions
- assignment of ground-handling services in the Community airports
- construction of airport infrastructures and EU co-financing
- establishment and development of innovative start-ups and innovative SMEs in the aeronautical sector
- financing of research and development projects in the aeronautics and aerospace sectors
- pleasure or sport flight
Airline companies, airport management companies, airport ground-handling companies and companies that intend to operate and invest in the aeronautical and aerospace sector benefit, therefore, from the highest standards of legal advice and assistance thanks to the great expertise and experience of the Firm’s professionals and they are wisely advised and accompanied in the development of their industrial policy and in the achievement of their objectives.
Areas of activity
- Maritime and insurance law
- EU funding, infrastructures and logistics
- Law of inland navigation and for tidal waters
- Ship finance
- Commercial port law
- Marina law
- Yachting law (Yachts & Superyachts)
- Railway law
- Highway law
- Air transport
- Offshore oil & gas operations
- European union law
- Competition, antitrust and state aid
- Drafting of legislation and parliamentary law
- Tax, fiscal and customs law
- Administrative law
“Professionalism and a great deal of expertise in a personalised relationship based on trust and striving to get a result together.”
“The Associazione Italiana Armatori Trasporto Passeggeri [Italian Association of Owners of Passenger Transport Vessels] bears witness to the professionalism and competence of Studio Grimaldi.
It is purely due to the high level of competence, authority and strategic vision of Massimiliano Grimaldi that the Association has managed to be hugely successful and gain recognition in the maritime field over the last few years.”
Associazione Italiana Armatori Trasporto Passeggeri
“We would like to point out the significant satisfaction of Ucina Confindustria Nautica with the advice and legal assistance received from the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi in the Yachting sector.
The lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi assisted Ucina in negotiating very important legal and economic matters for the industry, first and foremost the reform of the yachting code, not only supplying top-level legal preparation, but also supporting Ucina in selecting the best strategies.”
Ucina Confindustria Nautica
“We are very happy to have avv. Massimiliano Grimaldi as our legal expert in Italy.
It was a great help to be able to rely on his great expertise and experience.
We are happy to have a reliable and proactive legal partner like him on our side”
Logistics operator, Basel, Switzerland
“We asked avv. Massimiliano Grimaldi for legal assistance following the occurrence of some problems concerning the state property concession we hold in the port of Marina di Carrara.
We are fully satisfied with his precious and decisive intervention.
He was able to identify the focus of the problem with promptness and preparation, following the case with care and dedication, managing to positively combine public needs and our operational needs, typical of a shipyard”
Shipyard, Marina di Carrara
“Thanks to the great competence and forward thinking of the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi, we were able to continue conducting our business, overcoming a particularly difficult time.”
Yacht Broker srl
Manager of tourist ports
“With the forward thinking and professionalism of lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi, we found in Studio Grimaldi great assistance and support in negotiations and selection of sustainable solutions regarding the complex issue of state property concessions of the companies of Saint Mark Square in Venice, coming to the elaboration and promotion of rules for amendment of the national legislation to protect the companies and obtain results. Thank you.”
Veneziana Retail srl and Committee of Ancient Crafts of Venice
“We would like to point out the Genoese company Grimaldi Studio Legale in relation to the expert advice and legal assistance provided to Actv Spa regarding navigation safety and professional certification of on-board personnel.
In particular, lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi assisted our company in the introduction, in the legislation of a special law that will allow a simplified framework regarding navigation in local public transport service in the protected waters of the lagoon of Venice to be received by the institution.
The above-mentioned collaboration fully satisfied our expectations, at the same time allowing us to appreciate the professionalism, competence and helpfulness of the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi.”
ACTV Venezia Spa
“Avv. Massimiliano Grimaldi is a highly trained lawyer and immediately gave us confidence.
We appreciated his clarity and competence given by his evident knowledge of the subject of state property concessions and thanks to his work we were able to preserve our historic store in Piazza San Marco”
Ravagnan Art Gallery
Venice, Piazza San Marco
Contact us about your case