The firm excels in administrative law and provides advice and legal assistance, also judiciary, to companies, individuals and public authorities with regard to the management of relationships relevant to administrative purposes.
In 2016, the firm was named one of the best Law Firms of the year, North Italy, in the TOP LEGAL AWARDS, a famous event in Milan that awards professional excellence in the Italian legal services market.
The firm’s advice and legal assistance is frequently requested:
- to obtain the entrustment of public transport services of people in the various types of transport;
- with regard to commercial port law [mainly to obtain entrustment of technical-nautical services (towage, pilotage, mooring and boating services)] and services of general interest not overlapping or directly linked to port operations [railway service in port; management of maritime stations and passenger support services; services common to the industrial sector and the commercial sector of the port (management of car parks, equipped pull-overs, dry docks for the industrial sector; management of equipped car parks and support structures of road haulage and other operators and users of the commercial sector)];
- with regard to tourist port law (concessions for the construction and management of marinas, tourist docking and mooring points; advice and assistance in the procedures for obtaining recognition of the structure as a “Marina resort” and consequently, making use of the tax benefits recognised by the law applicable to outdoor tourist establishments);
- with regard to yachting (enrolment, transfer and cancellation of recreational craft and pleasure crafts in the central telematic archive of watercrafts; issue and renewal of on-board documents and safety certification; boating licences; professional yachting qualifications);
- to obtain concessions of maritime state property and with regard to the matters of concession arrangement: reestablishment or reduction of fee; subentry in the concession; entrustment to other subjects of the activity covered by the concession; variations to the content of the concession (extension of the concession; changes to the concession); renewal of the concession; withdrawal or forfeiture of the concession; declassification; boundary between maritime state property and private property;
- to obtain concessions of valorisation of the state property;
- to obtain concessions of state property of inland navigation and with regard to similar matters of concession arrangement to those mentioned above regarding concessions of maritime state property;
- to obtain concessions in use and rental of property belonging to the State;
- to obtain highway concessions and regarding matters of concession arrangement;
- to obtain railway licence;
- to obtain licence to carry out sea operations in the hydrocarbons sector;
- to obtain authorisations;
- for the purposes of construction of integrative or replacement agreements of administrative provisions (replacement agreements of the concessions, for example);
- for the formation of tools of public-private partnership;
- to obtain the entrustment of local public transport service of persons;
- regarding the non-scheduled public transport service (taxis and hire with driver), also via ship.
The mandates received by the firm include advice and assistance to obtain concessions of state property in the various transport sectors; to obtain concessions for the management of marinas, tourist docking and mooring points; to obtain subentry in concession; to obtain the reestablishment and reduction of state property fees; advice and assistance for defence in relation to measures aimed at the withdrawal and forfeiture of the concession; advice and assistance for obtaining declassifications; advice and assistance for obtaining authorisations to carry out port services and port operations as well as to obtain concessions of areas and docks intended for the carrying out of port operations; advice and assistance for obtaining the entrustment of the marine towing service; advice and assistance to obtain the entrustment of the railway service in the port; advice and assistance for the construction of railway terminals; advice and assistance to obtain the renewal of concessions; advice and assistance for the preparation of calls to tender; advice and assistance regarding the preparation and application of municipal plans for use of the coast and the related variations.
The firm’s clientele is made up of businesses, individuals, public companies, banks, regions, provinces and municipalities.
Areas of activity
- Maritime and insurance law
- EU funding, infrastructures and logistics
- Law of inland navigation and for tidal waters
- Ship finance
- Commercial port law
- Marina law
- Yachting law (Yachts & Superyachts)
- Railway law
- Highway law
- Offshore oil & gas operations
- European union law
- Competition, antitrust and state aid
- Drafting of legislation and parliamentary law
- Tax, fiscal and customs law
- Administrative law
“Professionalism and a great deal of expertise in a personalised relationship based on trust and striving to get a result together.”
“The Associazione Italiana Armatori Trasporto Passaggeri [Italian Association of Owners of Passenger Transport Vessels] bears witness to the professionalism and competence of Studio Grimaldi. It is purely due to the high level of competence, authority and strategic vision of Massimiliano Grimaldi that the Association has managed to be hugely successful and gain recognition in the maritime field over the last few years.”
Associazione Italiana Armatori Trasporto Passeggeri
“We would like to point out the significant satisfaction of Ucina Confindustria Nautica with the advice and legal assistance received from the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi in the Yachting sector.
The lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi assisted Ucina in negotiating very important legal and economic matters for the industry, first and foremost the reform of the yachting code, not only supplying top-level legal preparation, but also supporting Ucina in selecting the best strategies.”
Ucina Confindustria Nautica
“Thanks to the great competence and forward thinking of the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi, we were able to continue conducting our business, overcoming a particularly difficult time.”
Yacht Broker srl
Manager of tourist ports
“With the forward thinking and professionalism of lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi, we found in Studio Grimaldi great assistance and support in negotiations and selection of sustainable solutions regarding the complex issue of state property concessions of the companies of Saint Mark Square in Venice, coming to the elaboration and promotion of rules for amendment of the national legislation to protect the companies and obtain results. Thank you.”
Veneziana Retail srl and Committee of Ancient Crafts of Venice
“We would like to point out the Genoese company Grimaldi Studio Legale in relation to the expert advice and legal assistance provided to Actv Spa regarding navigation safety and professional certification of on-board personnel.
In particular, lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi assisted our company in the introduction, in the legislation of a special law that will allow a simplified framework regarding navigation in local public transport service in the protected waters of the lagoon of Venice to be received by the institution.
The above-mentioned collaboration fully satisfied our expectations, at the same time allowing us to appreciate the professionalism, competence and helpfulness of the lawyer Massimiliano Grimaldi.”
ACTV Venezia Spa
Contact us about your case